Monday, July 3, 2017

626 Night Market Part 1

Although I have traveled to about 18 countries, I've never been to Asia. 626 Night Market brings a bit of the flavor of the bustling open air food stalls to the US, and like a tourist, I explored for the first time this past week-end. (There will be 3 more week-ends this Summer if you want to go). I took so many pictures, I will be posting a Part 2 tomorrow, but in the meantime, enjoy today's photo journey :)

I went as they opened, so it wasn't quite a "night" market, but the crowds grew so big by the time I left 2 hours later that I was glad to have missed the long lines I saw later in the evening.












 The only downside to going early is that many of the vendors were not set up yet.
 I don't know if they had not yet put up any signage in English or if this it....
A few had displays of their food.

Some places gave out samples.

It was fun to watch some of the preparations:)

 I decided on grilled squid for my first bite and just as in Asia, none of the cooks spoke English.
 The squid  on a skewer for $6 was HUGE and delicious with a spicy BBQ sauce!
 After walking around all the food stalls twice, I settled on a steamed bun for my next bite.
 This was the biggest bun I've ever eaten, at least 6" in diameter and very very hot.
I chose seafood with a side of garlic sauce for $5.50 and it was a very savory filling choice in a pillowy fresh bun with a medium sized shrimp in the center.

Time to get some more cash before continuing my adventure....




No comments:

Post a Comment