Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chateau Tresor

I don't have any children, but since nearly all my friends are parents, I keep an eye out for shops they might like and I found a treasure, Chateau Tresor, which literally translates to Treasure Castle. It's a children's resale shop, and a great idea for a store in today's turbulent economic times. Why not buy great quality at a discount when all children will eventually grow out of everything?

The salesperson was friendly and very laid back, actually allowing me to browse without asking the dreaded, "May I help you?" question. I was impressed by the selection of children's clothing, toys, games, books, and strollers; some of the items are brand new with tags still attached, including a pair of pink embroidered Cinderella pants by Disney for under $20 and a stuffed Mumbles penguin for under $4. This is not your average resale shop, all the items are in great condition and the presentation is very spacious and feels high end. If you happen to be shopping with children, there is even a small children's play area in the back for them.

Even if you don't have children, this is a great shop for gifts for relatives and friends who do. You might even find something like a Chutes and Ladders board game, or a copy of the favorite bedtime book, Goodnight Moon, to make the child in you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment