Monday, December 22, 2008

I Go U Go

I like to research before I travel and I Go U Go offers worldwide guides in an easy to navigate form, including a place where users post their pictures and thoughts on their trip. Even though I love to travel, I haven't been able to get away as much as I would like lately, so it's nice to have other people who have been (or live) where I haven't been, writing about the hotels, restaurants, and tips for their locations.

I Go U Go is like Tripadvisor with more options on entertainment, events, and personal anecdotes. The database has more than 8,000 destinations, and after looking over the Los Angeles section, I found that the restaurants mentioned are good choices, not tourist traps, and the hotels span the range from five star to inexpensive airport motels. They also have a handy compare tool for airfares and hotel rates which links to the major travel sites (Orbitz, Hotwire, Kayak, etc.) so that you can put in your desired date and destination while they search the rates.

Center'd is like a community bulletin board for various cities all over the US, so whether you are traveling or staying home, it's a nice resource for what is going on wherever you find yourself. They have a listing of holiday events that I found helpful just around Los Angeles, from where to find carolers to how to get tickets to the Tournament of Roses Parade.

It's always good to get information on a place where you don't know anyone; it's like having a friend show you around town to the hot (or cool) spots while avoiding the dangerous (or merely boring) ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment