Thursday, August 21, 2008

Next Trip

As I was thinking about what to give myself for my birthday, I found the travel site Gate 1 Travel. It intrigued me to learn about their 10 day river cruise tours through Europe for only $1299; that's less than most hotel rooms, not to mention that the cruise includes all meals, wine, tours and entertainment! I looked at the boats and thought I might actually be able to spend time on these boats without getting seasick (mostly because the routes are along rivers like the Prague).

Although the passengers all looked to be older (50+), this type of travel would be ideal for anyone who is looking for a leisurely scenic trip. River cruises are a bit like rail trips; you see scenery you would not be able to enjoy otherwise, you get amenities (like food, sleeper cars, and time to snooze), and you arrive refreshed at your destination.

The other Elaine wrote about her mother offering her a trip to Thailand, so I looked into a trip to Bangkok and Phuket on the Gate 1 site and found they offer a package of $1559 for 8 days, including air and land, all meals and transfers. Hard to choose between Thailand and a more independent package to Bali for $1189. They also offer packages to Greece (I've always wanted to go and tried several times but have not yet been there) and the islands of Santorini, Crete, and Mykonos.

Decision decisions, decisions. My solution may be to do all of them....just one a year; now I just I have to choose which one for next year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment