Monday, June 12, 2017

Sweet Day

My desserts are usually fruit or cheese, but there are times when I crave chocolate or cookies. Thankfully I found two places to indulge those cravings when they arise :) 

Lolli and Pops is like heaven for those with a weakness for sweets; they offer ROOMS full of whatever temptation might entice you to replace your meal with a sugar high. If you don't have a location near you, they make gift packages and will ship to whomever you wish to bestow some sweetness.
 Some candies are sold by piece or weight.
 You can mix and match flavors while as you fill containers of different sizes.
 Some sweets are packaged for you.
 If you are nostalgic, there is an entire room of vintage candy.

 If you crave candy from other countries, they stock a few classic items.
 Classic US candies, from Jelly Belly
 to Pez,
 and Gummy Bears,
 each have their own section (or dedicated room).
 They have their in house brand 
 as well as famous names like Vosges,
 and Harry Potter.
After wandering through the store and feeling a bit overwhelmed, I decided I wanted a cookie (or two, or three), so I went into the Eagle Rock Italian Bakery. They are also a grocery store and deli, making sandwiches to go, and selling Italian olive oil, balsamic vinegar, semolina pasta, and more kinds of tomato products than I could count. It's a small selection compared to Bay Cities in Santa Monica, but the products are all curated for quality. 

I practiced extraordinary restraint by eating only 2-3 of these light buttery treats a day. It's going to require super-human resolve to limit my purchase and consumption now that I know how delicious they taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment