Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jardin des Plantes

This week-end was a celebration of parks in Paris, so I decided to go to Le Jardin des Plantes. I've been here once before when I rented a studio nearby, but it was in Winter, before I moved here. The balmy 70 F weather on Saturday, after a week of rain, made all the trees and plants come alive, as if to say "Finally some sun!" There are several areas for different kinds of plants from alpine to water based, and everything in between, including those that produce essential oils and food. Enjoy the photos as you stroll the garden with me :)










There were more people outside the greenhouse than inside!
There are several train (RER & SNCF Gare d'Austerlitz & Lyon), metro (Censier Daubenton, Austerlitz, Jussieu), and bus stops (24, 57, 61, 63, 67, 89 et 91) surrounding the garden, as well as a Vélib station.
You may of course arrive via private boat,
if you don't live on one of the nearby barges:)

No comments:

Post a Comment