Friday, August 3, 2012

Sparkling Domaine Carneros

 A visit to Domaine Carneros was a sparkling way to start my vacation in Napa!

Having met Eileen Crane at Madame Chocolat's Decadent & Delicious event a few month's ago, I couldn't wait to go to Domaine Carneros in Napa. The beautiful property looks out over sprawling hills covered with vines.


The tour of the property actually starts in the vineyard with explanations of the soil, foliage, and fruit.


The beautiful Chateau has a large patio overlooking the vines where you can order flights of sparkling wines and accompaniments like this cheese plate. The plates are tailored for the flights you are drinking, so the one we chose complimented the sparkling wines.


The tour with alcohol is $25 which includes tastes of two sparkling wines and a red wine (tour without alcohol is $10). Since I had a glass of the spectacular Le Reve ($20) on the patio with the cheese plate I opted for the tour without alcohol because I wanted to remember the rest of my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment